WINIFRED PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 115
OF THE SCHOOL BOARD
February 20, 2023
The Regular Board meeting is scheduled Monday February 20, 2023 at 7:00 p.m at the Winifred School
- CALL TO ORDER: The chair will call the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. on Monday February 20, 2023.
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Board chair will lead the meeting by saying the pledge of allegiance.
- SOMETHING POSITIVE: Floor is open to say something positive to get the meeting off on the right foot.
- ROLL CALL: The district clerk will take the roll and report to the chair that there is (is not) a quorum present to do business.
- RECOGNITION OF INDIVIDUALS AND DELEGATIONS:
- PUBLIC COMMENT: Community can speak on issues (not personnel issues) not on the agenda but the board cannot enter into dialog about the topic because it was not specifically identified on the agenda. If it is an item the board needs to deal with then it can be added to a future meeting agenda.
- BOARD BUSINESS:
- ADMINISTRATIVE REPORTS:
- CO-OP BUSINESS:
- Junior High Basketball Coaches
- OLD BUSINESS:
- Building Project
- Policy 5336
- Facility Use Policy Second Reading
- Weight Room/Gym Use Policy Second Reading
- NEW BUSINESS:
- BPA Nationals
- Teachers Contracts
- Election Resolution
- Mail Ballot Election
- Substitute Teachers
- Garden Sales
- Student Activity Funds
- Transportation Claims
- Library Stipend
- Janitorial Hiring
- MISCELLANEOUS: Informational items will be presented here including the date and time of the next school board meeting.
- ADJOURNMENT: When all items of business on the agenda have been addressed, the meeting will be adjourned.
- AGENDA: Board will approve the agenda.
- ACTION ON MINUTES: Board will review the minutes of the regular board meeting held on January 9, 2023 and special school board meeting January 25, 2023. They will modify the minutes if necessary and act upon them. Copies of the minutes will either be mailed (emailed) before the meeting or will be available when the board convenes.
- FINANCIAL REPORTS: The staff will present a list of bills to be paid. The board will review the list, ask questions, modify as necessary and act upon the schedule. A copy will be available at the meeting.
- PRESIDENTS REPORT: The board president will share any information deemed significant with the rest of the board.
- OTHER MEMBER REPORTS: Other school board members may present information of their choice to the other board members.
- STAFF REPORTS: Staff members will report on items of significance to the board.
- Business Clerk:
e. Superintendent Contract
Agenda packets are available at the office.
Section 2-3-203 – All meetings must be open to the public, including committees. Section specifies the board chair as having a unique role in closing meetings. A meeting can be closed only if the board chair determines that the demand of individual privacy clearly exceeds the merits o0f public disclosure, or when discussing a litigating strategy in which at least one of the parties is private.